Customer Service Software Buyer Survey
Graph from SoftwareAdvice.com
If you’re running one of some 23 million small businesses in the US, you likely need all the help you can get when it comes to keeping your customers happy. As your lifeblood, it’s vital that you turn your target market into repeat customers; however doing so requires serious dedication. For starters, your customers need to feel heard and reassured that any potential issues they’re having will be resolved before they become serious problems.
In the long-term, the right customer service solution can take your small business to new heights by helping you keep tabs and follow up on these complaints so that your customers keep coming back again and again. But what are some of the reasons buyers are actively seeking out new customer service and support (CSS) software and which features did they say add the most benefit to their bottom line?
Recently, Software Advice, a review site for customer service software, summarized findings taken from random interactions with roughly 385 individual small businesses earning less than $100 million in annual revenue. Turns out over half of buyers looking to invest in CSS software don’t currently have a lasting solution in place to manage customer complaints and inquiries.
Read this overview of their findings and tell us what methods you’re currently using and which features you would have prioritized in a CSS Software.
- Manual methods such as email are still widely used when managing customer support
- First time buyers who hadn’t previously used a CSS software were more likely to say they struggled to manage their customer complaints
- About 90% of buyers are looking for a basic trouble ticket management system with a large majority also prioritizing reporting features
Top 5 Reasons for New Software Purchases
- Need a better system to manage customer complaints
- Rapid company growth
- Need for additional CSS features
- To simplify a cumbersome system
- To see new solutions and benefits
Top 5 Requested CSS Features
- Ticket managing
- Interaction history
- Automated routing
If you too are in the market for a CSS software to help take your business to the next level, check out our free 30-day trial to see if H2Desk is right for your small business.